Hit and run accidents are among the most common types of car accidents in Texas, and they often leave victims scared and unsure of what to do next. The experienced hit and run accident lawyers at J.D. Silva and Associates are here to answer any questions you may have about your accident for free. If you were hit by a driver who fled the scene of an accident, take these important steps:
- Calling emergency services to report the incident.
- If you have been injured, seek immediate treatment from the emergency medical personnel who arrive at the scene of the accident.
- Try to remember everything you can about the vehicle that hit you, including the make, model, and color.
- If you saw the driver, try to remember details about their appearance, including if they were male or female, younger or older, had dark or light hair, etc. All of these details will help the police locate and identify the vehicle and offending driver that caused the car crash.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident, including your vehicle and any property damage sustained.
- If there were witnesses, ask for their contact information and ask if they saw the vehicle that hit you.
- If you are able to, take a moment to walk around the area near where the accident took place, looking for security cameras that may have recorded the incident. This evidence could be essential in finding the at-fault driver and pursuing legal action against them.
- After gathering as much information as possible, inform your auto insurance provider about the accident. In Texas, if you involved in a hit and run accident, you can still make a claim under your own uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage.
Should You Hire a Hit and Run Lawyer?
Your insurance company was required to offer you additional coverage for being hit by an uninsured driver when you bought your policy. If you did not reject this coverage in writing, the insurance company will be required to pay for the damages caused by the hit and run accident. Damages may include medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, property damage, and more.
We Help Prove Your Case
Your insurance company may make it difficult for you to receive payment for your claim. They will likely want you to prove that you were actually struck by another vehicle that then fled the scene. Having an experienced hit and run accident attorney on your side to help prove your case will make the process much easier.
Insurance companies are notorious for doing all they can to deny valid claims and pay as little as possible. Hiring a competent, reliable car accident attorney soon after the crash will be critical to receiving as much financial compensation as possible for your damages. Your attorney will help build your case by gathering evidence, speaking to the police, talking to witnesses, and working all applicable insurance companies.
Contact the Hit and Run Lawyers at J.D. Silva & Associates today for a Free Case Evaluation
The hit and run lawyers of J.D. Silva & Associates have extensive experience helping clients navigate these often confusing and difficult situations. Our team handles all insurance company negotiations so our clients can focus on getting better. We work hard to get you the money you deserve and have the resources to see your case through to the end. Contact our hit and run attorneys today at 281-971-3200 to discuss your case with our team for free.